Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Busy Summer

I never thought that I would be so busy over the summer that I wouldn't have time to write. I have had a little time to read. Working a job over the summer has allowed me to visit friends that live in other states, go to some concerts that I enjoy and not worry about money as much. Now, I have a month off until the school year begins.
I received a phone call about a week ago informing me that I am being involuntarily transferred. It's a seniority issue at the school. Needless to say, I have no clue where I will be teaching again. I somewhat enjoy the mystery... I think. It keeps me on my toes. I have a few interviews lined up this week and will bring my ever-growing resume. I have no clue what position I will be interviewing for, but at this point it doesn't matter. I have taught 4th grade, I have been a technology teacher, and have taught Science to 2nd -5th grade. I think they can find a spot for me.
I should have more time to write in the coming months. I have partnered up with a friend to get the website project launched... what a job. Much more difficult than once thought.

1 comment:

Cathy Nelson said...

Please take time to keep us informed. In my 23 years, I've avoided school districts that have a hisory of that. In looking to relocate once again last year, I turned down a tech integration specialist job that I very much wanted not once but twice related to this reason. First they offered me a TIS job for a high school that I knew had a LONG history of acial issues, so I politely declined. Then they called back and re-offered the job for their big, popular high school. After looking into it, I found they were "relocating" the TIS ther to the school I refused to go to, and there was a history of moving people around like that. I called back and declined again. Tey were really put out that I would turn down the job when it was for the big, popular school. When they asked why, I told them b/c I didn't want to work in a job where I never new form August to August where I would be. Looking back it was probably a smart decision but I really did want that job-at the big, popular school. But I just could not take the chance that at sometime I would be at the very school I turned down first. Best of luck. be sure to let us know where you land.