Friday, June 29, 2007

Looking Forward to the Classroom

I am looking forward to getting back into the classroom. I have many new and untapped plans that I look forward to implementing with the students. My focus will be on changing the model for teaching in the public education system. I believe there are many ways to do this while sticking to the redundant, boring curriculum that we have to teach. Who knows, maybe in the future we will have the opportunity to rewrite the curriculum so that the focus is not on standardized tests. Almost sounds too good to be true. I look forward to showing students new ways to learn and use information. I also plan on focusing on new literacies instead of the old literacies that are used presently. Blogs, podcasts, vodcasts, screencasts, ipods, smart phones, skypes, and wiki's are the new ways information is being shared. Who knows, in a few years there may be a thousand other tools for students to use. I am looking forward to this stuff.

1 comment:

Learn French in Lyon said...

This is very nice blog, I like this a lot. I'd love to hear more ideas about how teachers might use in the classroom.All I could think about were the potential uses for it in the classroom ,not to mention the potential uses for it in physical therapy or special education.